Saturday, August 29, 2015

Winnipeg 2015

 I left Calgary on Friday morning at 8:30 in the morning - a little later than I wanted to. The long drive too me a little over 12.5 hours to make it to Winnipeg (I think I arrived at 9:45 PM CST).

To be honest, it's very difficult to NOT speed when driving this very boring route. I averaged a speed of +20 on the limit and never encountered any police. My chief problem is people are incapable of getting out of the passing lane.

The picture above is from when I spent time with my friends John and Dave and we picked up large Fries and Chili at superboys from Main street on Winnipeg. Although they tasted great, I suffered from diarrhea for about 3 days straight afterwards.

 During the same day we encountered this man and women dimwit couple transporting a mattress on the roof of their Chevy Cavalier. Although tied down, the driver and passenger had to hold each side down while the car erratically drifted from lane to lane. Very unsafe.


The new bomber stadium is show in the next few photos. I didn't get a chance to go inside because it was closed that day. It is very nicely built but has some bad concrete on the walkway, preventing heavy machinery and stuff from going across.


A shot from my old bedroom, I used to live here and moved out in 1993. Its long been converted to a spare bedroom and my mom has telus optik now - very nice, I could watch any show I wanted to from any room. 

It rained so hard on the weekend the thunder shook the trailer. Rain came down along with hail, fortunately we didn't get any hail while I stayed in Winnipeg.

While there we changed my mom's  old waterbed out with a new mattress and thermostat.

The drive home was pretty long and boring. I left on Monday at 8:30 am and arrived in Calgary at 9:45 PM. I again drove +20 and again had issues with people staying in the passing lane.

Overall, I did good. No accidents, the Mazda worked perfectly fine and I thank God for making it to and from Calgary without any problems.

No comments: